As promised, I made a recipe with vegetables!! Go team! How was your Christmas? Are you still celebrating? Already stuffed? We used to go to my Grandma's house every holiday and gorge ourselves on pie and fudge and chex mix and other goodies. Now I generally go visit my parents, and we have a much more laid-back holiday. There is still dessert, just not an entire table full of it. My mom makes a standing rib roast with Yorkshire puddings for our Christmas dinner. It's really lovely, and of course, delicious.
This delicious dish tastes indulgent and looks beautiful, and could definitely be added to a holiday table. But it's simple to put together (especially if you make the filling in advance) and could be on the table for a weeknight, as well!
The best part about this recipe is that it only tastes indulgent. It's actually healthy enough that it is Whole30, 21 Day Sugar Detox, and 7-Day Restart compliant! Who said eating healthy should be boring? Or cardboard-y? It shouldn't be! It should be delicious enough to sustain long-term. I think you'll agree that this Spinach Artichoke Chicken make healthy eating easy.
This features my Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip, which month after month, has been the most popular recipe on my blog. It's creamy and seriously delicious, but it's dairy-free and made almost exclusively of vegetables! It's a modern miracle. You'll have some leftover dip, so I suggest reheating it later and scooping it up with plantain chips or carrot sticks for a great snack.
Spinach Artichoke Chicken
6 chicken breasts
1 batch Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip (unbaked)
salt and pepper (omit pepper for AIP)
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Using a meat hammer, pound out the chicken breasts until they're 1/4- 1/2 inch thick
- Scoop some of the spinach dip onto each chicken breast, then roll them up and seal with a toothpick.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, melt the ghee.
- Sprinkle each chicken breast with salt and pepper, then add them to the hot pan. Sear them on both sides until golden brown- about 7-8 minutes total.
- Once the chicken has been seared, put the whole pan in the oven, and bake the chicken for 25-30 minutes more.
- Remove the toothpicks from each piece of chicken, slice them into medallions, and serve. I like to serve it with my Garlic Mashed Cauliflower.
Don't forget, if you decide to wow your friends and family with this, snap a photo for me! Post your picture on Instagram, and tag me at #ideatthatfoodtoo. You can also Pin this picture so you don't forget to make this another time!