I think I had short ribs for the first time like, 2 or 3 years ago, and man had I been missing out! They're so tender they just fall apart. They're so moist and sumptuous. They are not inexpensive, but they are so worth it, at least occasionally.
In this recipe I paired short ribs with my Spicy Pineapple BBQ Sauce and my BBQ Dry Rub for layers and layers of flavor. The best part about this dish is that the slowcooker makes these a breeze, but also super impressive. Serve these to your significant other and they'll love you forever. Or serve them to yourself and you'll love you forever, too.
The ribs are quickly seared to render some of the fat, then popped in the slowcooker to cook all day long, until they're simply falling apart. Then you brush some sauce on them and broil them to create a crispy butter crust. Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, they're seriously perfect. I hope you'll give them a try someday soon!
Slowcooker BBQ Short Ribs
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat.
- Rub the dry rub on all sides of the short ribs.
- Put the ribs in the pan, fatty side down, to quickly crisp up and render some of the fat.
- Once browned, put the short ribs into the slowcooker. Sprinkle the onion over the top of the meat, and put the lid on the slowcooker.
- Set it to cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once the ribs are cooked, remove them to a baking sheet. Brush the BBQ sauce over each rib.
- Put the ribs under the broiler for 5 minutes, then serve.
If you serve these to your love or yourself, take a picture and show me on Instagram by tagging me at #ideatthatfoodtoo. Or, save this yumminess for later by clicking the image below to Pin it to you boards!