I have a thing for pizza. When I am reaaaally hungry, or tired, or both I always want pizza. When I lived in Ethiopia and just wanted something tasty and familiar, I would always choose pizza. So what is better to meal prep for a week of breakfasts that a big, hearty, meaty, garlicy breakfast pizza??
I used Simple Mills pizza crust mix for this pizza, but you can use whatever crust you want. I also like Capellos frozen, grain-free crusts. That'd be even less work because it's already made! But perhaps you have a super delicious homemade crust recipe that you love. Whatever route you go, this will be delicious. Just pick your favorite crust and let's grab those toppings!
Just like any other pizza, you can top it with all your favorite things and swap out ingredients you don't care for. But trust me, this pizza is only topped with the most delicious things (hello bacon and garlic and eggs and yummmm).
I chose to cut my pizza into 6 giant pieces. They're hearty enough to be a breakfast that'll stick to your ribs for a while! And, who wants to skip breakfast when you've got THIS to eat?? I hope you give this a try!
Meat Lovers Breakfast Pizza
1 pizza crust
1/2 lb Italian sausage
1/2 lb bacon
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2T olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/3c goat cheese (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Make your pizza crust and pre-bake it per the package instructions.
- Place the bacon on a sheet pan and bake it at the same time as the crust for 12-15 mins, until it's done to your liking. Once it's cooked, chop it into bite-sized pieces.
- In a skillet, sauté the sausage until it's browned. Once it is cooked through, set the sausage aside.
- Don't bother cleaning your skillet, use the rendered sausage fat to sauté the pepper and onion.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil and minced garlic cloves.
- Once your crust is pre-baked, remove it from the oven and bump the temp up to 375. Then, brush the olive oil mixture on the entire crust.
- Now it's time to layer on the toppings! Spread the sausage, bacon, pepper, and onion across the whole pizza. Pile it all on! Oh, and of course the goat cheese.
- Crack the 4 eggs on top of all the other toppings.
- Carefully put your pizza into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the egg whites are cooked through, and the yolks are cooked to your liking. I prefer mine a bit soft and saucy.
- Slice that pizza up and devour!
Kick your meal prep game up a notch this week! And always remember to snap a picture if you make this recipe! Post it to Instagram, and tag me with #ideatthatfoodtoo. Or click the image below so you can Pin this recipe for later!