Well helllooooooo, mama! These burgers were the inspiration for my yummy Burger Spice mix. After going mostly grain-free and dairy-free, getting a burger at a restaurant was usually a bit...underwhelming. It's usually a little patty on a piece of lettuce, with some ketchup, tomato, and a piece of onion. It's not generally worth whatever price you pay for it.
I decided that I needed to take my at-home burger game up a level. I can top it with so many tasty things and make it better than anything I could get at a restaurant! In these burgers, not only are the toppings amazing, but the patty itself is bursting with flavor! I add finely minced jalapeño, onion, and Burger Spice to make sure that every bite is the best burger you've ever had.
I like topping mine with a little ketchup and mustard, avocado, bacon, and a drizzle of ranch dressing. Yes ma'am. My husband prefers a bit of a kick, so he tops his burger with all of that, plus salsa and some pickled jalapeños. So add whatever you love! Like a fried egg! Or pickled onions! Or bacon jam! Definitely bacon jam.
Loaded Burgers are best eaten with a fork, so they can be completely, fully loaded. But of course you can also wrap them in lettuce leaves, or throw them on a gluten-free bun!
- In a food processor, mince the onion and jalapeño. You can also do this with a knife, but cut them extremely small or the burgers will crumble apart.
- In a medium bowl, add the ground beef, minced vegetables, and burger spice. Carefully kneed everything until it's all combined.
- Divide the meat into 3 or 4 equal patties, make sure they're less than an inch thick, and have a slight dimple in the middle
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt the ghee in the pan while it heats up.
- When the pan is hot, carefully add your patties to the pan, do 2 batches if you need to.
- Cook the burgers until they're browned on both sides, and just a little pink in the middle, about 8 minutes total.
- Lay your lettuce leaves on your plates, 2 per burger. Then top with the burgers.
- Put a million toppings on top and dig in!
If you make these yummy burgers, take a pic with all the toppings and post it on Instagram! Or, if you want to save the recipe for later, Pin the picture below!