Mmmmmm! Cookie dough. Who doesn't love cookie dough? I've eaten my share of that raw food diet in my life. Now that I've finished a sugar detox I am sort of re-thinking the sweets and treats in my life. So far I'm actually not loving sweets, which is very new and different for me. But every once in a while you just need a little treat, right? I created these little goodies mostly because they're delicious and quick to throw together.
These come together with just a few ingredients in the food processor, and then you pop them into the fridge. The result is a sweet, chocolatey, chewy treat that is just the sweet bite we all need now and then.
The best part about these treats is that they're full of good stuff. There are lots of good fats and protein from the nuts, nut butter, and ghee. The dates sweeten everything up, but also add some good fiber and minerals. A treat that nutrient-dense doesn't really count as dessert, does it? These are easy to make during meal prep and keep in your fridge throughout the week.
Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
1/4c dates, pitted
1c almond flour
1/2t vanilla extract
2T cashew butter
2T mini chocolate chips
- Fill a small bowl with hot water, and add the pitted dates. Soak the dates for 5 minutes.
- To a food processor, add the dates and all other ingredients besides the chocolate.
- Blend everything in the food processor until the dough comes together.
- Stir the chocolate chips into the dough.
- Roll the dough into 8 golf-ball sized bites and refrigerate. Store the bites in a sealed container in a fridge.
If you decide to make these treats, snap a photo for me! Post your picture on Instagram, and tag me at #ideatthatfoodtoo. You can also Pin this picture so you don't forget to make these another time!