When I was a kid, I could really take or leave fries. When I say "fries," I do mean McDonalds. I think they were just too salty. I would always rub the salt off my fries and pretzels. But now? I would go through a drive-through JUST for fries. What is not to like about crispy, salty potatoes?? This version is super easy to whip up at home, and way healthier and more flavorful than anything you'd get in a drive-through.
I use my Burger Spice to season these fries. That spice blend isn't just for burgers, I guess! It is perfect for these fries, and makes them so delicious!! Tossing these with some avocado oil gets them nice and crunchy, and is a much healthier choice than the sketchy oils fast food restaurants use.
For this recipe I used gold potatoes, but any potato will work, including sweet potatoes. I made the sweet potato version for my friends in Austin, TX and we gobbled them up! Yum. Whip up my Burger Spice and keep a little jar in your pantry, that will make it super easy to throw together amazing fries and burgers. You'll be a weeknight hero.
Burger Spice Fries
1 1/2 lbs. potatoes or sweet potatoes, scrubbed or peeled
1T Burger Spice mix
1T avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 375, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scrub or peel your potatoes, and slice them into french fry shape.
- Put the potatoes into a medium bowl, and add the oil and spices. Toss until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Lay out the potatoes on the baking sheet in one layer, not allowing the pieces to touch.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then flip the fries and bake for 20 more minutes (40 minutes total).
- Serve hot! Dip them in something yummy, like ketchup or my dairy-free ranch dressing.
Are you a weeknight hero? Post a picture on Instagram for me to see, and tag me at #ideatthatfoodtoo. Or, click on the picture below to Pin these for another time!