Everybody needs a basic caulirice (cauliflower rice) recipe. This is super basic. But, I may secretly like it more than regular rice. I may also like mashed cauliflower more than mashed potatoes. This is definitely more nutrient-dense than white rice, too. Veggie power!
This is perfect for soaking up curry or stir fry sauce, or turning into fried caulirice. But, you're actually packing tons of extra veggies into your meal without even realizing! You may even be able to trick unsuspecting children into eating some extra veggies. I only encourage dishonesty when it comes to tricking people into eating vegetables...
This is easy to incorporate into tons of other recipes (like this shrimp scampi), so it's an important staple to have in your arsenal. If you're transitioning from a standard diet to a more paleo or grain-free style diet, this is a great and easy place to start! The leftovers microwave great, which is nice when you're packing it into a lunchbox.
- Remove the outer green leaves from the cauliflower, then cut the cauliflower into quarters through the core
- Run each quarter through a food processor with a grater plate attached. Alternatively, shred it with a box grater.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat, and add the ghee.
- To the pan, add the cauliflower and spices
- Stir the cauliflower regularly until it is softened but not yet browned, about 8 minutes.
Is caulirice part of your dinner tonight? Send me a pic! Tag me on Instagram with #ideatthatfoodtoo. Or, click the upper left corner of this image to Pin this recipe for later!